Saturday 8 April 2017

New Year Resolutions Review week #14: Not bad but not that good either !


It was the last week before the holidays so pretty full-on at work, but now time is my own so I'll be cracking on with my challenges for the next two weeks.

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
I was still really tired this week - hopefully a 2-week holiday will be just what the doctor ordered ! - so I didn't hit my 10k step target every day. I'm hoping to vastly improve this over the next couple of weeks.


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
I did a bit better this week and managed to make three bookmarked recipes : bacalao, a Norwegian dish made with salt cod, followed by a Peruvian dish, cau cau de pollo, and finally a #readcookeat recipe that I haven't blogged yet - chicken Frito pie from Gone Girl, which I will be blogging about over the weekend.


3. Get geocaching !
People are still finding my caches which is nice, but I haven't had a chance to get out geocaching at all this week. My travelbugs have been picked up but still haven't moved on yet.

4. Get comping !
Last week I posted : "Aaagh I failed to get a single win in March. If I take an average, I'm still on track but that wasn't what I had in mind when I set the challenge." Well, I was really happy this week because I got an email saying "you've probably already received it but we just wanted to check you enjoyed your Bear Grylls adventure book prize". Well yes, I had received it, in March, and assumed it was for a review - so I DID get a prize in March after all ! I've also already won a prize for April - a lovely colouring bundle from a twitter comp. Totally back on track :)

(January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books; February : 1 win - tea & personalised mug (prize for Galina); March - a Bear Grylls adventure book; April - a colouring bundle)

5. Get reading !
  I got my reviews up for The Silent Kookaburra by Liza Perrat and Danny Dingle's Fantastic Finds. I also read The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister, which I really enjoyed, although it wasn't at all how I expected, and I have started Child Taken, which is good so far.

6. Get FLYing !
I had a big tidy up in the living room, although you wouldn't know it to look at it now ! I got rid of lots of clutter though but it seems to get replaced by more clutter - hmmm ! We picked up some plants (pansies mainly) at the market to add a splash of springtime colour to the patio and Pierre planted some seeds that he is excitedly watching sprout.

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
A bit irregular this week but my stats seem to have got back to where I want them and, importantly, where they were before the Google penalty was sorted out. I still need to chat more to get my klout score back up though. It dropped to its lowest 90 day score this week, before bouncing back up by well over a whole point when I took part in a twitter party !

9. Get French !
I'm still waiting to hear back after sending it all back for the second time and am assuming that no news is good news. They haven't returned it to me with a list of even more documents to provide so fingers crossed, that will be it. Time will tell !
What about you? Have you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year?

2 comments:

  1. well done on winning the colouring set! I won a book on FB and a small box of chocolates recently. Hope your No news is good news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on your wins too - I always love winning, however small the prize :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...