Sunday 1 March 2015

Sunday weigh-in : Not as good but still not bad


Last week I was stunned and over-the-moon to lose 1.8kg on the first week of the Dukan 2 diet. This week, I was hoping for the same or at least a reasonable loss but I was slightly worried it would all reappear. What if it was a fluke?

From what I've learned so far about Dukan 2, the Pure Protein Monday is the big push when you should lose the most weight. As you progress through the week adding back in the other food groups, your weightloss will slow down and you will probably put a little bit back on for the final few days of the week. You should aim for about a 750g loss per week.

Well, I was highly disappointed to see that my weight had barely budged by Wednesday and thought this would be a dead week on the weightloss front. I weighed in at 85.7kg last week and I seemed stuck at 85.3kg this week. After our 11km geocaching adventure, I was delighted to weigh in at 84.9kg on Saturday morning though. (Dukan encourages you to weigh in every day to see how your weight fluctuates, and in theory drops, throughout the week.)

Today my official weekly weigh-in weight is 85.3kg so that's only a 400g loss overall this week (maybe I shouldn't have had a celebratory chocolate biscuit or two last night !). I can't believe I've seen 84 point something flash up though - that's a huge victory and hopefully will be back for good next week !

Positives of the week

- I think I possibly know why my weightloss slowed down this week. I've been reaching for fruit instead of ham or crab sticks for snacks. I'll go back to upping the protein next week and see what happens.

- I took the kids to the eat-all-you-like Chinese buffet restaurant and managed to stick to Dukan 2. I filled up my plate with meat and veg which I took the wok station and took green beans instead of noodles or rice. I did treat myself to a couple of spring rolls which weren't really allowed, but I stuck to fruit salad for dessert so I felt very virtuous !

- The sun is back so we should be able to get out for lots more long walks.

Current targets 

Last week's target : Getting into the 84 point somethings would be fantastic. That third goal (getting weight lost into double figures) is tantalisingly close (DONE if I'd weighed in yesterday !)

This week's targets : So near and yet so far, so I'll stick with last week's target again. Getting into the 84 point somethings would be fantastic. That third goal (getting weight lost into double figures) is tantalisingly close. Get my weight loss in pounds into the 20's (it's currently on 19)

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - plenty of time for heading off to Turkey in August !

first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.9kg, my pre-xmas weight (done )
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 85.7kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 85.3kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.5kg
STILL TO GO : 17.2kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.4kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)








Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


8 comments:

  1. Almost the equivalent of a 1lb loss... which is awesome! We can easily forget... we are eating, which is the healthiest way to lose weight. My major losses came from being on TFR but there were some weeks even on shakes and no food when I would only lose 2lbs! It's interesting how the Dukan 2 works with the majority of the weight coming off at the start of the week... loving your journey! Sim #WeightLossWednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, and it should mean it stays off, which is the main thing !

      Delete
  2. A loss is a loss and every one should be celebrated! Well done
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely what I need to keep in mind ! How are you ? I'll pop over to your blog for a catch up xx

      Delete
  3. You had a loss and that is the result you're aiming for. think of that rather than only a small loss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, and easy to lose from sight sometimes !

      Delete
  4. Good luck for this week and losing is still losing so be proud of that.

    It's a bit worrying that they encourage you to weigh yourself everyday, weight fluctuates throughout the day let alone the week but full on weight loss takes time. I used to weight myself several times a day at the height of my anorexia obsessing every every ounce and that started just by weighing myself everyday.

    Protein doesn't really do much on its own but it is more filling so it's easier to eat less calories if you fill up on protein but as it's dangerous to eat high amounts daily I can see that this diet sort of levels it out throughout the week only binging on it one day a week. I don't know how it works in the long run but it's interesting to see how you get on! Do you think because you only have to make a big change once a week it will be something that is easy to continue with? It's really not worth getting worked up about something you consider to be a small loss, it's still a loss. Most diets like this only show big numbers initially and this is mainly due to a change in diet, they always slow down you are still losing that's amazing, just remember that, it might be slow but next week it could be a little more, next a little less, it's still going down. Plus other factors than play a part.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from the Mondays, I don't think I've really changed much compared to what I was eating before - although thinking about it, I'm eating less carbs too. I'll keep going for a while until I stop losing (or reach my target weight - who knows ?!) bit for now, it's working. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...