Sunday 4 January 2015

Sunday weigh-in : Kicking off 2015 (and kicking myself up the bum !)


Happy New Year ! Have you made any new year's resolutions to get fit or lose weight? (I posted mine here yesterday.) Maybe you've got some lovely healthy recipes to share? Do join up in the linky below because we could all do with as much help and encouragement as possible after the inevitably disastrous Christmas break !

Speaking of which, I've signed up to a couple of things to try and get me off my bum as much as possible. Firstly, I've signed up to Bounts which is a free programme that allows you to earn points for rewards every time you track activity (at a gym or using a fitness device like a FitBit). If you fancy trying it too, if you sign up using my referral code pasquier435, we both get bonus points. The second thing is Janathon which encourages you to get active every day in January, whether that be walking, running, going to the gym or building snowmen (so far people have logged dressing gown dashes, bed sit-ups and penguin prances so it's not all serious !). You have to blog (or micoblog on twitter or facebook) every day so I'll add a weekly round-up to my weekly weigh-ins.

OK, I can't put the moment off any longer ! I was worried I'd break the scales today, after two week's of non-stop eating (including three Christmas dinners !) visiting both sides of the family but in the end, it's "only" a 2.5kg gain. Time to get back in the saddle !

Positives of the week

- New year, new beginning, time to make a fresh start.

- I'm feeling enthusiastic and motivated which is always half the battle!

- I signed up for Janathon yesterday - I was slobbed out on the settee on internet but headed off to walk the dogs (only a short walk, it was raining !) followed by a half hour session running up and down the stairs with the vacuum cleaner which worked up a sweat !

Current targets 

Last week's target : Enjoy Christmas and make the best choices possible. (done -ish !)

This week's targets : Hit my step target at least 3 times and make sure none are under 10,000. Get active every day in some shape or form and log for Janathon. Keep below calorie limit on food tracker. Any loss is a step in the right direction but 1.5kg would be fantastic.

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - plenty of time for heading off to Turkey in August !

first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.9kg, my pre-xmas weight
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 85.9kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 88.4kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  5.4kg
STILL TO GO : 20.3kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +2.5kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)









get the InLinkz code



Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

We Will Do It! Support Linky on The Purple Pumpkin Blog

14 comments:

  1. Here's to a happy, healthy 2015. Good luck with your continued weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a happy new year and lots of luck with your fitness goals. Do you have a fitbit, because I'd love to add you as a friend? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Fitbug Orb, I don't think they're compatible ?

      Delete
    2. No I don't think they are, if you ever get a fitbit give me a shout. :)

      Delete
  3. Here's to a successful year to us both :) I'll be back to link up after my weigh in on Wednesday morning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, hope you get a fab first result to start off the year as we mean to go on ! xx

      Delete
  4. good luck hun, sounds like you've set reasonable goals, here's to a fit 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've set smaller, attainable goals here. The finish line might feel a long way off (it does for me!) but goals along the way certainly help. All the best for the New Year and your fitness plans! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too - I'm incredibly impressed with your willpower and determination :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up with me this week Cheryl and I've linked back up with you! I'll do it every week if I remember but just give me a gentle prod if I forget ;) Good luck with the new year motivation - I'm hoping that will carry me through for a few weeks too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in with Linked. Feel free to add this weeks into the same linky. I will link up my running update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with 2015! Well done on only gaining a small amount! Thanks for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...