Monday 13 May 2013

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations review


Reviewing chocolate - *sigh* it's a hard job but somebody's got to do it ! Seriously though, when Cadbury's sent me through some bars of their new Marvellous Creations, I was expecting to like them - I've yet to find any chocolate I didn't like really ! - but I didn't expect to find anything particularly original about them. Well, I think they must have been watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory before coming up with these little beauties because they're exactly the kind of thing Willy Wonka would have come up with !


Just one look at the new family-sized bars and you see that nothing is normal about them- the "squares" are all totally different shapes, textures and sizes ! We started off with the Cookie Nut Crunch bar which has delicious creamy chocolate that melts to reveal little nuggets of crunchy biscuit and/or crunchy nut caramel and/or chopped roasted nuts. The beauty of these bars is that you never know which combination you will get in each mouthful so no two pieces are the same.


During this tasting session, the main attraction at The Madhouse was the wonderfully named Jelly Popping Candy Shells bar though. To really appreciate this one, you have to gently suck it rather then chewing it, which is easier said than done when it tastes so lovely ! Hiding under the chocolate in this weird and wonderful bar you get chewy jellies, colourful sugar coated chocolate beans and ... wait for it ! ... popping candy ! I know it sounds like a very strange combination but weirdly, it works ! Again, you get the extra excitement of not knowing which combination you'll get in each piece. The Madhouse Mini-Testers were squealing "oooh I've got a jelly" or "awww I haven't got any Smarties in this bit" then the popping candy came through and their face was a real picture ! It's certainly too good to reserve for the kids though - the grown-ups loved it too.

Eating chocolate is often seen as a sneaky indulgent treat, something that you (or  in any case I !) do when nobody else is looking so you don't have to share, so it's great to find a bar that is designed as a fun treat that the whole family can share and experience together. I'm sure they'll add more weird and wonderful combinations to the range and I'll certainly be looking out for them.

star rating : 5/5 for the Jelly Popping Candy Shells bar, 4.5/5 for the Cookie Nut Crunch bar 

RRP : £2.49 for 200g, 59p for 47g

Disclosure : I received some Marvellous Creations bars in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo has teamed up with UK wildlife charity, Froglife

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm that chocolate sounds so yummy! I want some now! Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jelly bean ones are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying not to eat too much chocolate as on a diet but I may have to buy some for the kids and have a little taste. I immediately thought of Willy Wonka too on seeing the packs and hearing the names, for those of us who read the book as a child it was really a magical place the thought of the chocolate factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Willy Wonka book as a kid and my kids love the film version now !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...