Thursday 25 April 2013

Chicken Tonight Country French White Wine Sauce review


I love cooking from scratch but after a busy day at work, I sometimes want something quick and simple that will enable me to get a healthy and tasty meal on the table with little or no effort. I was expecting to cook from scratch every day during the holidays, but we've been walking our legs off on numerous all-day adventures over the past two weeks, so I've been too tired to get amazingly creative in the kitchen some nights. 


Using a jar of cooking sauce is a great shortcut to a flavour-packed meal that is still healthier than a ready meal. Earlier in the week, I stir-fried some fresh chicken fillets, onions and mushrooms then added a bag of frozen veg (carrots and peas) until it was all cooked through.


I stirred in a jar of Chicken Tonight Country French White Wine Sauce with Cream & Chives which adds the same creaminess as crème fraîche but with a much deeper, more interesting flavour. I wasn't sure if the Madhouse Mini-testers would be keen on the addition of white wine but they loved it.

I used the hob method but the jar also says you can cook it in the oven, although the chicken needs to be cooked in a frying pan before you put it in the casserole dish so that seems like a waste of time and washing-up to me !

Each 1/4 jar serving contains 110 calories, 8.9g of fat (of which 3.8g saturated), 6.6g of carbs (of which 3.1g sugars), 0.5g of protein, 1.09g of salt and 1g of fibre. 

I love the fact that this can be used as a quick way of jazzing up fresh ingredients and allowing you to pack in loads of vegetables that the kids will love to eat, all with minimal effort.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.99 fror 500g 


Disclosure: I received a selection of Chicken Tonight products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...