Wednesday 9 January 2013

Rosemary Conley & Kardy Laguda Kardy-O-Fun Dance Workout DVD review


Last year was a great year in my weightloss journey - I managed to shed an amazing 13kg and am loving getting back into clothes I couldn't fit into before and just feeling generally happier. I still want to keep losing weight this year but have decided to up the ante by trying to get fitter as well. When the opportunity arose to review a new fitness DVD, I jumped at the chance. With three kids (and a wobbly bum !), there's no way I'm ever going to make it to the gym so running around after the kids and getting sweaty at home are as good as it's going to get !

I learnt that Kardy-O-Fun is the latest fitness sensation that was launched in Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Clubs in May 2012, when Rosemary Conley - who has over 40 years' (that's my age !!) experience of helping people to lose weight and get fit and healthy through diet and exercise - collaborated with Kardy Laguda, who has over 20 years' experience himself, to help transform the way people think about exercise and encourage them to "stay fit in a fun way through this unique style of aerobics and dance". Well, that's what the blurb says but I always sneer at the word "fun" on a fitness video (sorry, showing my age there - DVD !). Does anyone really do fitness programmes and enjoy them ?! It's basically torture but you know it's doing you some good (as you have to keep reminding yourself when you ache in muscles you never even knew you had the next day !).

Well, I've just had a go and I have to admit, I did keep grinning, much to my amazement ! Before I even got to the fitness part, I was starting to bop along to the disco hits. It's all very retro but the slightly cheesy 70's tunes like Funky Town and Disco Inferno had the perfect vibe. Both Rosemary Conley and Kardy Laguda (who I love - he's like a manic mash up of Mr Motivator and Ainsley Harriott with some CBeebies dance moves thrown in to the mix !) are too old really (sorry !) to try to get trendy with the latest R 'n' B or hip hop hits, so the slightly retro feel is perfect.

The workout is designed to be suited to everyone, irrespective of their age, ability and fitness level. It is a progressive programme that starts with a five-minute warm-up and is followed by a choice of three fitness programmes: Kardy-O-Fun Easy (15 minutes), Classic (20 minutes) or Peak (25 minutes). When you're ready, you can combine all three for a mega 1-hour workout which burns around 500 calories. I did the warm up, the Easy level and half of the Classic level and felt "glowing" rather than horribly sweaty and I was still way within my comfort zone. I would have done more but Pierre woke up from his nap and Juliette erupted into the room laughing at my wobbly bum and getting in the way so I had to stop ! It really was enjoyable though, so I'm looking forward to having another go very soon and hopefully completing all of the Classic level and trying the Peak level too, and this is coming from someone who really isn't keen on sport usually ! It's quite illuminating to watch fitness veteran Rosemary Conley in the role of pupil, learning the moves at the same as us, and seeing that she makes mistakes sometimes too - there's hope for all of us !

Included with the DVD is a Solo Slim Diet booklet and Rosemary Conley's unique Magic Measure, designed so you can see how many inches you have lost along your weight-loss journey.

The workout may not be intensive enough for any super-fit young things who want to keep at peak fitness level but for any of us mere mortals who want an easy reintroduction to geting active as a new year's resolution, it's ideal - and yes, I can honestly say, hand on heart, it really is fun !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £9.99




Disclosure : I received a copy of the DVD in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Sunday weigh-in : First one for 2013 !

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...