Thursday 12 July 2012

Radox Brazilian Fusion Shower Therapy review


I've been doing some serious shower-travelling this past week thanks to Radox! Yesterday I told you about their gorgeously fruity Island Indulgence Shower Smoothie and today, I'm here to tell you about their Brazilian Fusion range. I tried out the Shower Therapy but it also has matching Bath Therapy and Handwash.

The colour is more muted and tame than the Shower Smoothie but the bottle looks quite classy. It also has a very handy flip-up hook so you can hang it in the shower - I wish all shower gels had these !

Fragrance-wise, I had no idea what to expect. Brazil sounds exotic but doesn't give me any clear idea of fragrances or mental images. Reading the back of the bottle didn't help much either - "Revive your senses and escape to a Brazilian paradise. Our Limited Edition Brazilian inspired shower cream has been carefully blended with exotic dragon fruit and camu camu berry, traditionally found in the Amazonian rainforest. Reviving your senses and leaving you feeling renewed." Hmm dragon fruit and camu camu berry ? Sounds wonderfully exotic but what do they smell like ?

Well, it's hard to define really. As I closed my eyes and breathed in the slightly musky scent, waiting to see where I would be mentally transported to, it wasn't Brazil, it was a memory of me standing in the aisle of Superdrug with my best mate spraying the Lynx Oriental tester on my sleeve because it smelt of my teen crush ! It's a pleasant fragrance but didn't really make me think of Brazil, although having never been there, I don't know what Brazil would smell like anyway !

The ingredients list is a mixed bag of natural fruit extracts and artificial additives (Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Amyris Balsamifera Oil, Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Juice, Hylocereus Undatus Fruit Extract, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Laureth-4, Sodium Lactate, Polyquatemium-7, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Glycerin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, CI 47005).

It's a pleasantly-fragranced shower gel that left my skin feeling soft but didn't blow me away as much as the Shower Smoothie with its blast of zesty fruitiness. If you want to try it, get in quick because it's a limited edition range.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.89

for more information : http://be-selfish.co.uk/products/shower-therapy/brazilian-fusion

Disclosure : I received a bottle of Radox Brazilian Fusion Shower Therapy shower gel in order to write an honest  review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

3 comments:

  1. Just tried this out for the first time myself. Really liking this radox range and this one in particular. Also not having been to Brazil myself (although it's the one place in the world I want to go!) I'm not sure if it 'smells like Brazil' but it's certainly a good smell to wake me up in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Radox products and this one sounds lovely, but I do find them quite pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know how anything can smell of a country, its a bit strange, i only buy radox when its on promotion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...