Sunday 10 June 2012

Sunday weigh-in - week #4



Well, there are always highs and lows when you're on a weight loss journey and after the huge high of getting down to 80 point something (80.6kg) last week, I've gone back up to 81.3kg this week. Awww ! No matter though - I was totally expecting it because it's that time of the month. Hopefully I'll be back with better news this time next week.

Despite the numbers on the scales, I'm still feeling decidedly upbeat and positive (which could be the SlimPod effect) and I've been snacking on lots of fresh fruit after stocking up at the farmers' market today (we bought melons, strawberries, cherries, grapes, apricots and nectarines).

I think the fact that this week was the anniversary of our "angel baby" puts things into perspective too. You may have seen this week's Silent Sunday photo here - it's always a bitter-sweet moment visiting the tiny grave but it certainly makes you count your blessings.

Onwards and upwards, as the saying goes (or hopefully downwards, if we're talking about the numbers on the scales !). I've also slogged my guts out this week and finished all my marking and report-filling so I should have more time for focusing on cooking healthy meals and getting active now. I haven't taken the time to do my Weight Watchers ProPoints tracking this week either, although I am starting to get a feel for how many points I've eaten in the day now without tracking every item.

My slimming buddy 7hippopotamus has just posted her weekly update and had a slightly disappointing week too, so fingers crossed we have better news next week.

Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also profited from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :  

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like we both had a disappointing week, but overall we're well on our way to getting a healthy BMI. Fingers crossed the scales go the right way for our next weigh in. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - you have to look at the bigger picture, we're both doing great ! xx

      Delete
  2. My willpower is zero when it comes to losing weight but I really must try to make the effort, I know I would feel much better for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a disapointing week as well. The fact I'm back to my parents for a while doesn't help. I was ok at keeping the pounds at bay for a while, but it went up :( I also have the excuse of that time of the month, hopefully it'll be back to normal again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fingers crossed for next week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed on the scales

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...