Friday 4 February 2011

Hands First Invisible Gloves Dry Feel Barrier Cream

Last year, I reviewed Hands First Power Scrub+ & Moisturiser hand cleansing gel, designed to get the dirtiest of hardworking hands clean, so I was intrigued to try out the accompanying hand cream. I always think of handcream as quite a feminine product, but this product is targeted at everyone, both men and women alike. The packaging shows a male hand next to a female hand (the hairy arm gives it away !) and the green and white colour sceme seems quite masculine.

The product is designed to be more than a simple moisturising handcream. It does lock in moisture but it is also a barrier cream, covering your skin in a very thin protective coating. The manufacturer explains : "Applied before manual tasks or adverse conditions and re-applied whenever necessary, Invisible Gloves will make your skin easier to clean and reduce moisture loss, leaving it hydrated and conditioned." I like this idea of helping keep your hands clean, so I use it before doing particularly dirty or smelly jobs, like changing pooey nappies or chopping onions and garlic. I think it does help to stop the odours lingering on my fingers as much as usual, but this may be psychological ! It would be great for people working with greasy engines or doing gardening who want to make the whole hand clean-up operation easier afterwards.

The cream also promises to offer a protective shield that will ward off aggressive environmental elements. I can vouch for the fact that it seemed to efficiently protect my hands from the cold in the recent wintry weather. It soothes sore chapped skin but also prevents it from getting chapped in the first place.

The cream also claims to be totally non-greasy, non-sticky and dry. When I squeezed it out on to my hands and rubbed it into the skin, I initially thought it felt slightly greasy and I wanted to go and wash my hands before resuming typing. However, a few minutes later, this sensation had totally disappeared and my hands did feel dry and not at all slippery.You can feel that your hands have a soothing coating but the sensation isn't at all unpleasant.

It's totally fragrance-free so if your husband doesn't want his friends to know he's using hand cream, the game won't be given away by the often feminine fragrance of hand cream ! It's one for the boys, but also for the girls.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £7.99 for 125ml

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...