Thursday 15 October 2009

Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump



If you've been reading my other reviews on breastfeeding-related products (and if you haven't, you can find them easily by clicking on the "breastfeeding" tag at the bottom of this review), you'll know that I'm not a great fan of breastpumps. I've tried several, from the bottom to the top end of the price range, and I never seem to get anywhere with them. However hard I try, I only get a small amount of milk and then I start worrying about whether or not Pierre is getting enough milk when he feeds (even though I know he is really !).

So I came to this breastpump with pretty low expectations, expecting to be totally unimpressed. And at first glance, it looks just like any of the other breastpumps on the market. In fact, it looked so similar to the others that I didn't even bother looking at the instruction manual - I just emptied out the box and managed to assemble it from scratch in seconds.

Having packed the girls off to school and settled Pierre down for a nap, after feeding him on one side, I sat down in front of the telly for a milking session (moo !!!) on the other side. The first thing I noticed was how comfortable it was. I managed to do one-handed pumping with no effort at all and didn't get a sore hand after a few minutes, as I often have in the past with other pumps. The second thing I noticed was, it was actually working ! The milk flowed easily and there was no leakage at all and no uncomfortable feelings of too much suction. I got about 60ml of milk in a matter of minutes - which, when added to the milk collected during Pierre's feed from the Milkies (see my review here), made almost enough for one bottle at the childminder's.

The bottle is small enough to fit comfortably in your hand while pumping and also slots easily into the fridge door to chill before freezing. It can also go in the dishwasher, which is really handy.

What I absolutely love is the fact that it comes with spare parts and extras. As well as the basic pump, you get two extra white valves and a spare silicone diaphragm, as well as two milk storage/freezing bags, a little cleaning brush and a small guide book with very good advice on how to make breastpumping easier.

This may actually be the breastpump to reconcile me to expressing milk - how's that for praise ? (Even if I do still prefer the effort-free expressing with Milkies because I'm a lazybum/multi-tasker at heart !!)

RRP £24.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...