Thursday 30 July 2009

Burial by Neil Cross




Having read the blurb on the back of the book, I thought this was going to be a fairly predictable read that followed pretty much the same basic plot as numerous other thrillers. Wow, how wrong was I ? It really kept me guessing right until the end and even then, I was way of the mark ! I loved the way the "good guys" and the "bad guys" were not totally clear cut and the interaction between the different characters. It reminded me a bit of the film "Shallow Grave" but with a much more realistic storyline - it gave me the shivers because I could really imagine being in that situation and trying to work out what to do, exactly like the characters in the book. Some of the descriptions were haunting (sorry, no pun intended !). I couldn't help thinking this would make a brilliant film or TV series so I was hardly surprised to read that Neil Cross is lead scriptwriter on 'Spooks' and other TV programmes. I whizzed through this book in a few days, reading way after I decided to stop every night because I always wanted to find out what was going to happen in the next chapter ! It's a real page-turner.


Simon & Schuster (5 Jan 2009)

304 pages

ISBN-10: 0743231414
ISBN-13: 978-0743231411


star rating : 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...